Monday, February 6, 2012

Back on Track... Right?

What a weekend... After all the rain, humidity, heat, allergies, emotional funk, and hip pains, I am happy to say I made it! without hurting anyone else or myself :-)


I'm so grateful for learning lessons because now that I'm seeking Christ for help, well life is just much easier. I used to try so hard to fix everything in my life: health, relationships, work, money, etc, and would constantly get frustrated because I would end up dissappointing myself. It was a constant cycle of dissappointment, with very little or short-lived reward.

Nowadays, when I am really struggling with an issue, I do one thing first: pray. I pray about it and ask for guidance. Now that doesn't mean that it's done and solved, and I just carry on with my happy self again, no! It just means that I realize that I am not in control and that God (or whatever you call your Higher Power) is guiding me and protecting me at all times - AT ALL TIMES. This is important to remember because there are just times when you feel like everything is way off and way out of whack, and if you don't have faith in your HP, than you'll feel really anxious and worried. I still worry and always think ahead about all the what if's but it's so much better now that I know in my heart and soul that ultimately my HP, God, is watching over me and everything will be okay... better than ok, in fact it will all be amazing.


Mood today: Grateful! Happy

Craving today: same old stuff: cocoa and coconuts

Recipe today: Chicken Curry in Coconut Milk - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/michelles-coconut-chicken-curry/

Inspiration today: all the strong and fierce women out there! Girlpower rulz

Gratitude List:
  • The sunshine right after a storm
  • A nice leisurely walk in a park
  • Dim Sum
  • 80's stuff
  • This last Sunday service with Dr. Jill Carroll - she talked about sewing seeds and what kind of soil are you for the word? Fertile? Dry? Thorny? Stony? Good question...
  • Realizing that I have weaknesses with anger and pride, and making peace with that and moving forward.
Okay, well Happy Monday and that is all for now. So thankful I got to talk to my dear old Uncle Louie today. He is always SO uplifting...

Blessings and Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment