Sunday, February 26, 2012

New Game Plan Revisions...

Sunday Funday! I just wanted to close this amazing week by setting up some new goals for myself and my POE. First though I would like to recognize this awesome article, this woman is such an inspiration and has taught me a lot about change and thinking yourself to where you wanna be. Her name is Polly Mertens, and here are some questions from a recent article:

Ideas of questions to ask yourself when creating a new vision for your life:

  • Who do you want to be? Who do you see yourself as?
I want to be a strong, peaceful, successful and inspiring woman. I see myself as woman that radiates health, abundance, life, joy, love, and compassion. 
  • How will you spend a typical day at play and a typical day at work?
A day of play for me would be walking along a beach, maybe jogging or doing some physical activity and being in nature, then collecting some beautiful ingredients to prepare an amazing meal or going to a quaint exotic restaurant and sharing the experience with a loved one or a group. A typical day at work for me would be to create, inspire, solve problems, motivate others, and be a good role model. 
  • What will you have in your life as a result of your recovery?
I will have a true sense of myself, freedom, love, and the willingness to let love in and shine. 
  • What goals will you accomplish?
I will excel in my career, I will excel in my work life, create financial abundance and stability, I will have health and well being, i will show others that recovery and strength and healing are all possible no matter what; I will find love; I will  become a mother; I will help others; I will have healthy sense of self, body and relationships; I will love myself and the Lord. 
  • Who will you assist or support with these accomplishments? Are there any special people, organizations or causes that will be an important part of your life?
I want to support OA and also help animals. I want to help people who have had addictions and also have had major spinal fusions. 
  • What will your relationships be like? Picture yourself interacting with friends, family, co-workers and all you meet in a way that reflects your high self-esteem.
My relationships will all be loving, nurturing, inspiring, supportive, compassionate, fun, happy, joyful, positive and uplifting. I see myself as a beam of radiant light that attracts joyful and amazing people. I see myself having a loving relationship that celebrates love, abundance, positivity, support, patience, sex, intimacy, trust, and acceptance. 

I love those questions, what a great way to make me think. I will be looking back on this..

I would also like to list my goals because lately I have noticed that my emotions have been really affected by what I'm consuming, and here are the things that I know that I need to avoid:
  
AVOID!!!
  • Artificial sweeteners
  • Grains and most carbs
  • Most dairy unless high quality
  • Any sugars for at least two weeks
  • No fake sugars ever, it's really not worth it
  • Hot cocoa mixes at work - not worth it and makes me feel yucky. Just say no!

Here are the things that I want to concentrate on eating every day:

  • Chicken
  • Turkey
  • Eggs and egg whites
  • Fish, salmon, seafood
  • Pork and red meats
  • Bright colorful veggies
  • certain fruits like lemons, green apples, and cantelope and some dark berries every now and then
  • pesto sauces
  • coconut
  • olive and red palm oils
  • certain nuts like walnuts 

eating this way for at least two weeks will help me to detox the yucky stuff that I've been building up in my body. 

Remember: my body is a temple! I have been hurting it by feeding it some processed garbage and artificial sweeteners, and it is not good. My mind will be much better if I get rid of this stuff. 

After 2-3 weeks I can allow myself the freedom to have one day, a Saturday, of having some foods like chocolate, ice creams, and more carb foods but only if they are not fake foods and total junk foods! 

Most important: eat real food! Eat what God made and feel good about it. Avoid the coffee bar and don't drink calories. Just eat real food, thank God, and pray. 


Happy Sunday, thank you God. Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment