Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!



Mood today: happy because it's Heart's Day!

Craving today: chocolate/cocoa coconut oil mixed with stevia and cinnamon. Mmmm wonder if I can make that happen!

Inspiration today:


Workout today: Lower body weight machines and abs for 30 minutes; heavy free-style swimming for 20 laps or 30 minutes.

Thought today: just keep on rowing that boat... gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

and one more to love:



So today is Valentine's Day, and oh what a day! Started out with an hour at the gym, actually a lot more than that considering all in between stuff, but got a really good workout in this morning, followed up with my protein/coconut/stevia drink for after. Then it was off I went to see my chiropractor for physical therapy, session 4... ugh. I'm really getting tired of this process. I would really just like to be strong and better already! I know that I can't run long distances and I've accepted that, but why do I have to keep going through all this other stuff? I am not a fan of the physical therapy, it really is not convincing to me that it is helping... at all. However, I really need to stick with this because I have Faith that God put me there and everything is an experience created just for us as individuals, by Him. I really do believe that, and with that in mind that means there is a good lesson and experience in this for me... somewhere. I am wondering what it is, but I trust in Him to show me. That doesn't mean that I stil can't pray for some quick healing in the meantime! I really am praying for God to heal my injuries and just get this strength training on the road. I'm so impatient. God knows this, which is why things don't get to happen as I want them to. Of course! Then I'd be some sort of monster. Patience defnitely teaches me that good things are worth waiting for, and that God always has a plan, no matter what the process seems like.

Okay I totally digressed there! After the PT appointment, which went fine but just took almost 2 hours, I went to work and it's been slow since my project team left on Feb. 8th... I should be really happy about it, which I am, but admit that I wish I could not feel so guilty for not doing much. I know I'll be busy when they return, so this quieter time is much appreciated. I now need to further do that and enjoy it!

Eating low carb and high protein/fat has been pretty good the last day and a half. I have been able to workout twice and feel like my energy is decent. Looking forward to eating some dinner tonight, it will be turkey something, hahaha.

The best thing about today has been getting the flowers and bear from my boyfriend... WHAT A GREAT SURPRISE!!!! He is seriously awesome.


With all that said, here is my gratitude list today:

Love
Laughter
Friends
Valentine's Day jokes and humororous cards
Carb days (so I can have frozen yogurt and enjoy it!)
The Lord

Love for everyone and everyone is loved.

Blessings and peace,

dg

No comments:

Post a Comment