Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Swimming + Roast Chicken = Happy



I needed a reminder, I was in a major funk recently and needed to snap out of it. No matter what I'm going through, there is someone suffering and my stuff is just never THAT bad.

On that note, I'm super grateful for a lot today. First of all, I swam laps this morning and felt strong. Yay! Then had lots of amazing roasted chicken at lunch time, and followed by a bushel of red grapes. Work is great, so far it's been an awesome day. Not so awesome is that Max is really sick... in fact, he's never had to miss a day of work and he's now missed 2 days. EEK! I'm worried but he has been sleeping tons and is hopefully healing tremendously.. ugh. I am celebrating 6 months of my new life, meaning it's been 6 months since I began living a healthy life and loving myself, and truly honoring my body, mind, and spirit. Yay me.

Mood today: happy, energetic, excited

Craving today: roasted chicken with skin, yumm

Inspiration/goal today: keep it simple, love myself, and have FAITH! I have been so confused lately about what to eat, how to workout, when, where, why, how, etc, and finally had a come to Jesus moment and realized that I just need to let got of it all and remember that I'm smart and know what I need. And most importantly, have Faith in the process! So I deleted a bunch of stuff that was cluttering my browser, meaning I deleted all these "health" links because I was starting to feel overwhelmed as I was always searching for more answers. I finally realized that I need to trust my Higher Power and not constantly look around for quick fixes or a magic routine :-) Done, bingo. Much better! Phew

Gratitude List:

Swimming - the pool at LTF
Roasted Chicken
Red grapes
My Higher Power
My amazing healing body... each day it is getting stronger and healing, thanks to God

Heavenly Father, I am so thankful for the healing and recovery that you have blessed me with. I am thankful for the pains, the struggles, and the victories and triumphs. Thank you for my life and every single thing about it. I trust in You and have Faith!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment