Monday, February 20, 2012

Marvelous Meditative Monday

Goal today: Smile!!! and get through my weight routine after my AM spinning class.. yikes. Stay positive!

Craving today: cereal? Not sure which one but something fruity and sugar sounds good. I love carbs on training days!

Workout today: Spinning class at 5:30am, followed by weight training for an hour at 12noon.

Inspiration today: Be the like the Little Engine That Could... don't give up, I will get there.

Happy thought today: life is good!

Gratitude List:
  • My amazing family, and our super fun and delicious family dinner last night: grilled rainbow trout, veggies, and chocolate for dessert.
  • My brother for giving me a spare Bible of his... very happy about this.
  • Having this year be the very best birthday ever!!!!
  • My new bed - birthday present to myself. Love it!
  • Sleep and rest - can't say thank you enough for this.
  • God, he is so amazing to bless me the way he does.

Hello Monday. Well, I have not posted since Valentine's day, which was last Tuesday but for M and myself it wasThursday since we didn't want to be cliche and celebrate on that night, so there is quite a bit to update. Our Valentine's evening was awesome. Max was the epitome of Mister Perfect as he sent me the world's most gorgeous flowers (in my opinion) and a cute teddy bear, and I didn't even talk to him about V day at all!!! wow, I am blessed. Thursday evening I prepared braised lamb shank for the first time, and it turned out good enough for Max to proclaim it the best ever. Okay, now I don't care if he was fudging, he is just awesome for saying that :-) We had the best post-Valentine's day dinner and evening, it was just romantical and magical.
Friday was a day off from work, and another BEST DAY EVER, and best B-DAY follow up. To start, I had an amazing 2.5 hour workout at the gym, then ate a yummy double banana/strawberry smoothie, then turkey and yams, then rested. Later in the afternoon I met my mom at Nordstrom's where she treated me to my late birthday present: a deluxe massage at the spa. OMG!!!! It was just out of this universe. It was perfection and relaxed my entire body like wobbly jelly. I felt amayz. After our spa time we had a yummy impromptu dinner at this new trendy looking asian bistro in the Galleria call E Tao or something like that. It was awesome! Had wonton soup with steamed rice - which may sound like nothing, but each wonton was about 2oz of pork, so I ended up eating a ton of pork and this awesome rice. It was so filling and delicious.
By the time I got home it was later than planned and a horrible storm was on it's way. Max and I decided to meet up again in the morning instead of trying to hang that night. I was tired, but ended staying awake all night thinking. Hate it when that happens!
Saturday I woke up, cleaned the floors and did laundry, then met Max over at Backstreet Cafe for late brunch. It was epic! Eggs Benedict were delish, and his filet mignon was seriously butter-like. We then headed over to Gallery Furniture where I bought myself a new bed, and then walked around the Galleria to let our food digest. Finally later that night, after my new awesome bed was delivered, Max came over and watched a silly movie while I passed out like a lame old woman. I was wiped out!
Sunday morning we went to breakfast at La Madeline, then church, then Whole Foods, then Fleet Feet to finally finally FINALLY get Max some real running shoes. I can't believe that boy has been running in shoes that were a size and a half too small for him! ugh, guys are so clueless sometimes. hehe. He also bought two pairs of Sketchers at the Galleria on Saturday, so our shopping totals for the weekend were: Max - 3 pairs of shoes, 2 chickens, 2 juices; Danielle - 1 new bed, 1 new jacket from Loft, 1 chicken, 1 bag of rice. Are we crazy and strange or what?
Sunday afternoon we had an awesome short little workout at my office's gym, then headed over to my folk's house for a magnificent dinner and all around great night.
What an awesome month of February it has been so far! I am overwhelmed with how much I have to be thankful for. I am really excited for my new workouts, and reading the Bible that my brother gave me. I am feeling so much better with my new food plan, which basically just means I eat Low Fat/High Carb/High Protein on all my high training days, and Low Carb/High Protein/High Fat on my cardio days. I take Saturday to just eat whatever I want and skip training, and overall this seems like a winning lifestyle for me.

I am so thankful and happy, I just feel blessed. Despite the fact that I can't run a marathon ever, or probably even a half marathon, I am blessed.... for so many reasons. Thank you Lord, thank you.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment